Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Happy May Day!

Well it's snowed every day for the past three days (not enough to really stick though)... I am ready to build a bonfire and burn the snowsuits! :)

Yesterday to celebrate May 1st and the upcoming Victory Day on May 9th, James took a group of young people to Victory Park and visited the WWII museums. They had a really good trip, and Rachel especially loved getting out 'just her and Daddy'.

Just have to include one picture of our 8 puppies... that's right 8!! We thought there were only 6 but we didn't really look closely; so it was quite a suprise to return from Turkey to 8 energetic, eyes opened, adorable puppies. The kids have had so much fun with them... I almost feel sorry for the puppies.. you would too if you could watch how Johanna carries them around... (Rachel with her friend Ira)

Are you sure nobody out there wants one??! Their names are Nutmeg, Cookie (Pechenya), Pumba, Pearsik, Bealka (whitey), Star, Hail (don't ask about that one! :) and Leopard. How's that for creative...

1 comment:

Greg said...

James!
I cannot believe I found you again after over 10 years! You taught me in Sunday school in 6th grade. That'd be the 1996-97 schoolyear. I remember you always taught us with a lot of wisdom and even more patience. You even took us camping in the Palo Duro canyon one weekend. I remember the times I'd stand by you at youth group and you had that deep, booming voice when we sang. I especially remember it during "You are my all in all." Everytime I've heard that song since, I've been reminded to pray for you and your wife in Russia. It was also the first song I learned to play on the guitar. In fact, I was singing it to myself just before bed and felt I should get online and try to find you. I'm so glad I did. You have a beautiful family. What a blessing!
So much has happened since sixth grade. I've got another semester to go at college. Mechanical engineering. In fact, it's nearly 3:30 a.m. here, and I have two final exams at 8 a.m., so I should probably cut this short, but I am really encouraged by your service to the Lord.
-Greg Whiteside

Recent comments

 

Walking in the Way... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License
| Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates | With changes by Phyllis