Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Radioactive Iodine treatment tomorrow

Please be praying as I go tomorrow afternoon to swallow a little pill of radioactive iodine.  I'll be *in isolation* for the next 14 days and I already know I'm gonna be majorly missing my littlest JoJo.  When I was in isolation for just 3 days for the whole body scan JoJo kept telling James 'you go back home and bring me my Mommy RIGHT NOW!'  :)   It's also got to rank pretty near the bottom on the list of 'romantic ways to celebrate your wedding anniversary.'   But hey the past 11 years with James have been such an incredible, wonderful, never a dull moment adventure so I can just chalk this one up for the memory books.

I would like to say a huge thank you for your prayers regarding the whole body scan.. the results were excellent!!  In fact the Dr. came into the room looked at the pictures then said I'm going to go look directly at the computer images.'  She came back sort of shaking her head and said 'this is much better than I would have expected.'   So a big YEAH!  Because of the great body scan and other test results I will be given a smaller amount of radioactive iodine than originally talked about ~ another big praise!

Also just 3 more days until I will be given thyroid medication - YEAHAAA!  It has been no fun to be severely hypothyroid ~ my face and eyes are extremely puffy, about half of my eyelashes have fallen out, and although my energy level is okay my brain function is extremely diminished ~ I mean seriously this makes *pregnancy brain* looks like someone that should be in Mensa.  So I'm looking forward to getting my thinking capacities back again.  

I kept meaning to share this quote from one of my heroes, Holocaust survivor Corrie Ten Boom.   'Worry does not empty tomorrow of it's sorrow, it only empties today of it's strength.'

Isn't that great.. go back and read it again! :)  It certainly has encouraged me many times.  Also the one song that has gone through my mind over and over and over again is "Blessed be the name of the Lord".   As we drove home after the excellent report from the whole body scan I kept thinking to myself 'would I be able to rejoice like this if I had been told my whole neck was full of cancer?'  And yet God would still be God and His love for me unmeasurable and constant.  So thankful for our friends and family who have walked this path by our side ~ thank you again!

Blessed by Your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

And blessed be Your name 
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing you pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say, Lord
Blessed be Your name


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. I've been through the iodine treatment myself. Other than the isolation, it wasn't so bad. I also know the discomfort of being off the thyroid supplement. It's no fun. If you want to see how I handled my treatment, feel free to go to my old, but still posted, website.

Kathy and I are praying for you.

Yours in Christ,
Phyllis' Dad,
Phil Robertson

Anonymous said...

Oops. I didn't tell you how to get to the iodine page on my blog. After you click on the macphil, click on the word, "Blog." It won't hurt my feelings if you are too busy getting well to read about my adventure.
Phil

sethswifeforlife said...

Definitely praying for you, Susan. Thanks for keeping us update. I love ten Boom's quote. Such a good one.
These next days won't be easy. Now will you be up in Austin for these next 14 days? Is there anyway I could come visit you? Let me know. You can email me, if you get this.
love and hugs,
Abby~

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,

this is Sasha Wheatley, I was writing to you about a cat back in Moscow. We are in CA now. I was keeping an eye out for your blog to see how you are doing with your treatment. Our families are going such different roads at the moment, but i was so amazed to see the "Blessed be the name of the Lord" song on your blog. The Lord has been using this song to minister to me for the past 4 weeks since we got here and it is just another reminder of His great love and compassion. I am praying for you and your family, that the treatment would go well and fast, and that it would be a special time for you all to see the hand of the Lord and to experience His love.
Many blessings in the Lord Jesus,

Sasha

Recent comments

 

Walking in the Way... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License
| Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates | With changes by Phyllis