Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Our Cowboy turns Five!




May 8th was David's fifth birthday.. I don't think my wedding day was so greatly anticipated as this day. For the last 6 weeks we have been marking off the days on the calendar.. countless questions of 'how many days..' and the review of the details of the party etc. etc. The morning of his birthday David bounded down the stairs at the crack of dawn - the day had *finally* arrived!! I loved getting to cuddle with him on the couch and go through his whole birth story - he laughs & laughs when I tell him about how the Dr. told us we were having a girl, and that we called him Hannah for months, and that he wore beautiful pink flowered sleepers his first week til we finally got some blue ones. David is so precious and we had a wonderful day celebrating the gift of life God has given him. We had quite a celebration - 9 guests (all girls.. this cracked me up, but there are a shortage of boys at our playground). We also had Chris, Andrei, and our friends Oksana & Sergei. James roasted hot dogs outside and we played lots of games - musical chairs and *pin the nose on David* were the favorites (this is a variation of pin the tail on the donkey). His favorite present was the sword and bow & arrows (thanks Nana & GP!). He and Caleb fought a major battle against Chris - it was hilarious to watch... especially Caleb's facial expressions. I think the grown-ups had even more fun than the kids!

We love you David and are so incredibly grateful God gave us the privilege of being your parents!!

Ohh one more funny note I didn't want to forget - the day before his birthday I got out some summer shorts for David out of storage.. I showed David how I had cleaned out his dresser and he gave me this incredulous look and asked 'when I wake up in the morning and I'm five will my clothes still fit me????' He seemed very relieved that he wouldn't need new clothes :) Also the picture of him on the bike is a classic - he loves wearing that cowboy hat and was so glad when the snow melted and he could wear it outside.. he does take it off to sleep though

2 comments:

JEB said...

When our oldest, Bonnie, turned five she stopped in the middle of eating her birthday cake and asked, "When will I be four again?"

Anonymous said...

Hi, all. It was great to see pictures of David and read blog post re:
his birthday. Tell him that his Illinois cousins love and miss him
and wish we could have been around to celebrate!

(I tried to send this originally to your email address, but it bounced and said you were over quota. If you get it fixed, let me know, because I want to send you a picture.)

Recent comments

 

Walking in the Way... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License
| Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates | With changes by Phyllis